Hells Canyon Trash

Discussion about jet boats, rivers, whitewater and related topics.
sevendevils
Major

Hells Canyon Trash

Post by sevendevils » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:16 am

All, this was written by my wife who is way better at being nice and cordial than I am. What we found and cleaned up this past weekend 2/22-2/23/2020 was absolutely disgusting. If you see people treating our resources this way call them out, turn them in etc. If we don't fix it on our own then it will be "fixed" by folks who don't have our interests in mind.

"My husband and I spent another wonderful weekend up Hell's Canyon enjoying the things we love to do. However, I was disheartened to find on multiple beaches discarded feminine products, beer cans, condoms, and trash.

All of this was seen past checkpoint and fairly far up the Salmon. At this time of year we cannot attribute this to “rafters” which is commonly done. The blow outs and high flows allow more access for inexperienced captains who may not know the expectations the community has for maintenance and respect.

As a jet boating community we pride ourselves on the care and maintenance of our beloved rivers. We pack out more garbage than we go up with, because the cultivation and preservation of this resource is a priority in our lives.

So please, for all who have the privilege and pleasure to enjoy Hells Canyon and the associated rivers, care for this valuable resource."
Travis Blake
Seven Devils Marine
Scott Waterjet Distributor - USA
"Every man dies...Not every man truly lives"

No Worries
Major

Re: Hells Canyon Trash

Post by No Worries » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:24 am

Wow! That is a good post! I agree... what is wrong with some people. Every boat/raft needs a roll of garbage bags, and more importantly they need to be used.